Are you an enthusiastic, guest focused, team player? Do you have a passion for driving? Do you have what it takes to be a part of a team of hospitality professionals on the road to food and beverage stardom? Did you answer yes? Well what are you waiting for? Apply now!
We are seeking Offsite Banquet Catering Driver & Convention Service who is looking for an exciting work! This role is responsible for the safe driving of our associates and equipment to and from offsite venues. Our offsite driver will also assist with loading and unloading of hotel service equipment, food and beverage and any other items as outlined in our Banquet Event Orders.
- Driving delivery van/truck (15 passenger van, cargo vans ranging from 12-26 feet)
- Timely Delivery, Setup and Pickup of Off-Site Catering Setups and services
- Responsible for pulling and packing supplies, return supplies and helping elsewhere as needed.
- Responsible for the security and safe operations of vehicles.
- Required to adhere to and maintain Uniform and Grooming Policies.
- Loads and unloads equipment and food on and off catering van and/or trucks (up 26 feet long)
- Checks Banquet Event Orders when loading to ensure all equipment, food and supplies are accurate
- Practice safe food handling at all times
- Assist Banquet staff with off-site and in-house events
- Assist and oversees the set-up of all physical equipment, linens and food & beverage service equipment
- Pick up of all leftover equipment and supplies from outside venue. Report to Banquet Manager any missing items
- Responsible for client satisfaction and courteous treatment our guests.
- Responsible for unpacking van/trucks post event and return equipment
- Assist elsewhere as directed by banquet leadership members - provide assistance as needed to other drivers.
- Have a full understanding of the set up requirements as indicated on Banquet Event Orders and floor plans
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Pro-Serve Certificate
- No previous cargo van/truck experience required – training can be provided
- Ability to work efficiently & independently.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to learn Banquet/Catering Setups, Health & Safety procedures, Food Safety procedures.
- Ability to work closely with banquet leaders, banquet servers, be a team member
- Ability to handle high stress and high volume scenarios
- Ability to communicate with customers and University personnel in a positive and proactive manner that demonstrates the difference in service to our client
Availability and Physical Requirements:
Availability requirements include – but are not limited to; early mornings, days, evenings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- Lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
- Stand/Walk for 4+ hours at a time
- Comfortably and safely operate cargo vans/trucks around Calgary and surrounding areas
- Work in teams with other Drivers/Servers as well as all levels of management
Please apply online with your resume and cover letter to the attention of the Human Resources Department. Please include in your cover letter your years of experience in supervising and leading teams, or Food and Beverage and why you would be a great fit for our team
To learn more about Hotel Arts, please visit our website at: www.hotelarts.ca
To learn more about the Kensington Riverside Inn, please visit our website at: www.kensingtonriversideinn.com
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hotel Arts Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer