Are you an energetic, client focused, team oriented individual? Do you have you a passion for sales? Do you have what it takes to get the right client at the right time? Did you answer yes? Well, what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Hotel Arts Group is currently recruiting for an Association Group Sales Manager for Hotel Arts. With the completion of a $7M renovation project, Hotel Arts is expanding our team to secure new business for our growing company.
Hotel Arts is the flagship property within the group which also includes the Relais & Châteaux designated Kensington Riverside Inn. Hotel Arts features 185 rooms of refined luxury on the doorstep of downtown Calgary. Recently updated with a $7 million renovation, Hotel Arts is an easy stroll to the Scotiabank Saddledome for a concert and is right in the heart of the action at Stampede time. Hotel Arts also features two restaurants: Yellow Door Bistro and the Vietmodern cuisine of Raw Bar, an outdoor pool and licensed patio opened seasonally, extensive event space and meeting rooms as well as an office/retail complex with a diverse array of businesses.
Here are some highlights from the Association Group Sales Manager role:
- Be knowledgeable of the Hotel Arts Group strategic sales plan to effectively negotiate and room rates based on achieving company goals as well as growing average room rates and number of room nights sold.
- Develop tailored proposals for prospective clients that address their needs regarding pricing, financial commitments and expectations.
- Develop a contractual agreement that will address the client's needs, frame out Hotel Arts Group cancellation policies, outline minimum requirements, record billing contingencies and obtain the client's signature.
- Produce room sales through: prospecting, networking, responding to inquiries, conducting site inspections, client meetings, outside sales calls and building relationships with corporations, industry suppliers, event planners, tour companies, tourism industry stakeholders, etc.
- Develop marketing packages to get sales information into the hands of targeted prospective clients.
- Follow up with clients at conclusion of their events to thank them for their patronage and invite them back to ensure effective client retention.
- Work cooperatively with all departments to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the scope of duties and responsibilities by completing all with precision and in a timely fashion.
- Be knowledgeable about industry, competitors, and other opportunities with respect to selling groups.
- Uses experience and knowledge productively and proactively in the fulfillment of duties and responsibilities.
- Develops professional relationships with clients based on their trust as well as the ability to identify their needs and meet them in context of a sales contract.
- Develops professional relationships with colleagues that foster achievement of team sales goals.
- Participates as a positive and productive member of the sales team.
Please email your resume and cover letter to the attention of the Human Resources. Please include in your cover letter relevant years of experience in sales or related industries as well as explain why you would be a great fit for our growing team in an increasingly competitive hotel market.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a corporate sales capacity
- Hotel operations experience
- Strong team player and able to work with little supervision
- Must possess excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations as well as event bookings are key assets
- Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Management or equivalent is an asset but not essential
To learn more about Hotel Arts, please visit our website at: www.hotelarts.ca
To learn more about the Kensington Riverside Inn, please visit our website at: www.kensingtonriversideinn.com
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hotel Arts Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.