Are you an enthusiastic, guest focused, team spirited leader? Do you have you a passion for banquet service? Do you have what it takes to lead a team of hospitality professionals on the road to food and beverage stardom? Did you answer yes? Well what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Some of the duties and tasks that surround the Part time Banquet Floor Manager position are, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise all banquet staff involved in delivering events booked at the Hotel Arts and offsite venues.
- Assist in composing the banquet staff assignment & schedule thereby ensuring each event is staffed adequately.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment needed for events including linens, plate ware, glassware, cutlery and beverages [liquor and mix].
- Oversee the operation of all events in the Hotel Arts and offsite.
- Ensure event bills are posted in the accounting systems.
- Work directly with accounting to ensure that event charges are accurate particularly in terms of the actual number of participants.
- Meet with the client to finalize details and ensure that the event is planned to meet expectations.
- Direct oversight of assigned events in a supervisory capacity and control floor operations.
- Initiate the acquisition of client feedback on the quality of the delivery of each event.
- Make sure clients are enjoying themselves at the events.
- Ensure that all regulated health, service, and labor standards are met.
- Assist the Banquet Manager with other business related tasks.
- Ensure that banquets are set up according to the contract signed with the client and the standards of the Hotel Arts.
- Minimum 1-2 years supervisory experience in a food and beverage environment required
- Direct experience supervising in a banquet or catering environment and asset
- Knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations an asset
- Strong team player and able to work with little to no supervision
- Highly proficient decision making and problem solving skills
- Required to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
- Must possess excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Must be able to work as a team leader and drive for continuous improvement
- Flexible schedule required
- Valid ProServe Certificate required
- Valid Driver's License required
- Willing to drive passenger van, 2, 3, and/or 5 tonne trucks
- Able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Walking and standing required for most part of the day
Please apply online with your resume and cover letter to the attention of the Human Resources Department. Please include in your cover letter your years of experience in supervising and leading teams, or Food and Beverage and why you would be a great fit for our team
To learn more about Hotel Arts, please visit our website at: www.hotelarts.ca
To learn more about the Kensington Riverside Inn, please visit our website at: www.kensingtonriversideinn.com
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Please be advised that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hotel Arts Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.